Wednesday, March 15, 2017 | 4–7:30pm
Please register through Crimson Careers.
Nuts and Bolts: Landing a Job in a Today's Economy
Are you curious how recent PhD graduates found their jobs?
Come hear from hear from recent GSAS graduates who have successfully landed a job.
- Janine May, PhD Candidate ’17, Chemistry, BCG, Chicago, IL
- Joseph Muth, PhD Candidate ’17, Materials Science-Nike - Beaverton, OR
- Josh Suresh, PhD candidate '17, Astrophysics- Institute for Disease Modeling, Seattle, WA
Alumni Panel on Leveraging the PhD
Alumni will discuss their own career decision making, how they adapted to jobs outside academe, and how the skills and knowledge they developed during their graduate programs influenced their success.
- Caitlin Anderson, BA (Harvard), PhD '05 Cambridge University, History- Business Development Manager, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Walt Kowtoniuk, PhD '10, Biochemistry- Co-Founder, Fulcrum Therapeutics
- Edlyn Levine, PhD '16, Applied Physics- Senior Systems Engineer, MITRE Corporation
- Joseph Luna, PhD '16, Government- Social Scientist, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Liz Maynes- Aminzade, PhD '13, English- Digital Director, Public Books
- Heather Olins, PhD '16, Biology- Science Teacher, The Fessenden School
- Funke Sangodeyi, PhD ’14, History of Science- Senior Consultant, ReD Associates
- Stephanie Leah Shimada, PhD '05, Health Policy Research- Health Scientist, Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research
- Jascha Smilack, PhD '10, Eastern Asian Languages and Civilizations- Senior Project Lead, HarvardX
Speak with alumni and Harvard affiliates about their specific jobs and career paths.
This event is co-sponsored by the FAS Office of Career Services and the GSAS Office of Alumni Relations.
For the complete list of GSAS events, visit the GSAS Google calendars.