The OCS Firsthand Advisers platform connects students with alumni virtually from a variety of Harvard schools who have worked at top organizations worldwide and have volunteered to support current students in their career pursuits. This tool features:
- Nearly 1,500 alumni across a variety of industries and professions.
- Ability to search alumni by field of study, industry, employer, and area of expertise.
- Scheduling and connection tools to engage in “flash mentoring.”
- Options for a one-on-one career chat, resume review, or mock interview.
- “Group” features that connect students and alumni across specific affinity and interest areas.
- Critical advice from alumni in the post-COVID economy.
- Over 500 new advisers that have been added since the COVID outbreak, thanks to outreach by the Harvard Alumni Association.
There are also several thousand professionals on OCS Firsthand Advisers who are not Harvard alumni, but are still available to you free of charge.
Access the OCS Firsthand Advisers platform using these simple steps:
- Visit https://harvardocs.firsthand.co/.
- Click the “Get Advice” button.
- If it is your first time accessing Firsthand, use the "No password yet?" link to have a password sent to your Harvard email address. Otherwise use the password you created or the “Forgot password?” option.
Complete Your Profile. The following fields are required for your profile to be considered complete:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Current Location
Education (required for each degree):
- School Name
- Graduation Year
- Field of Study
- Career Goals (“I’m really not sure” is an option)
- For more information, review the How to Register video tutorial.