Post a Job or Internship
Alumni and parents wishing to hire a Faculty of Arts and Sciences student can post positions for free on Crimson Careers (the Office of Career Services' online jobs and internships database). Please register using the Employer/Alumni section of Crimson Careers. Exclusive for Harvard alumni and parents: You may list your contact information on the job posting form so that students can reach out to you directly to discuss the available position.
Post a Short-Term Project
Short-term projects or micro-internships are a great way for students to build skills, earn money, and create invaluable alumni connections. If you have a project in mind, or have the capacity to develop one, please consider sharing this with Harvard students by posting in Crimson Careers.
- Though short in timespan, these opportunities should be skill-building for the student, introduce them to specific work tasks or functions, and/or educate the student about a specific field.
- We recommend all projects are paid, however unpaid projects will be considered if they have a significant learning component or support nonprofit or mission-driven initiatives.
- Projects can be remote or in-person (as long as federal, state, and local authorities are permitting in-person work in your area), but remote is recommended at this time.
- In-person projects cannot take place in someone’s home and unskilled tasks will be referred to the Student Employment Office.
- OCS reserves the right to reject opportunities that are not skill building or educational.
Participate in a Program on Campus (when the campus reopens)
Many alumni in diverse fields enjoy connecting with students by participating in educational programs on campus. Email your interest and field to email@example.com.
Participate in a career program.
- Sit on a panel, represent your organization or field at a career event, or participate virtually in a career chat.
Apply to be a Professional in Residence.
- The goal of the Harvard Professional in Residence program is to connect students to alumni in the professional world across a variety of sectors to facilitate a deeper, cutting-edge understanding of career opportunities and trends. Some activities include office hours, lunch-time career chats, and evening workshops/seminars related to an industry area. OCS seeks alumni from all fields for this program.
Join the Online Alumni Community
Offer advice to students and other alumni by joining the HAA online alumni community of people willing to network with students and other alumni. See the Harvard alumni directory registration page for details.
Firsthand Advisers is an online platform designed to connect students with alumni from a variety of Harvard schools who work in diverse fields and organizations. The tool facilitates “flash mentoring” – allowing you to provide a burst of expertise in job search and/or career advice without being a burden on your limited time. There are currently three consultation types to engage in:
- Career Chats,
- Resume Reviews, and/or
- Practice Interviews
Firsthand makes it easy to schedule a phone conversations with students through the platform while keeping your personal contact information confidential. Firsthand was designed by Harvard alumnus Fredrik Maro, MBA ‘10, and joining the platform takes only a few minutes. To register for OCS Firsthand Advisers, please visit: https://harvardocs.evisors.com/registration.<embed>