Coach for College is a four-week public service volunteer program that allows American university varsity student athletes to interact with Vietnamese university students to help teach young children in rural Vietnam a curriculum of academics, sports, and life skills.
Due to ongoing Covid restrictions, which will prevent American students from traveling in person to Vietnam, Coach for College has modified its program for Summer 2021. A trial run of the 2021 model was tested out live in January, with student athletes from Duke and Stanford joining Vietnamese college student partners. The feedback was positive, with both sides particularly enjoying getting to know each other though the work and the cultural exchange activities.
Who Can Apply for Funding?
OCS can only fund students who:
- Are varsity athletes
- Are in good academic standing at time of application and at the end of the spring semester
- Are current Harvard College undergraduates, 1st-year through 1st semester senior.
- Are enrolled full-time spring 2021.
How to Apply:
- Apply directly to Coach for College. Enter “N/A” in each of the essay question fields – essay questions will be answered separately in the OCS funding application in CARAT.
- Enroll in direct deposit. See instructions from Student Financial Services.
Apply in CARAT to “OCS Virtual Coach for College Student-Athlete Program Funding Application SU21 (C4C)” by 11:59pm ET on Thursday, March 11, 2021 with the following materials:
- One-page resume (save as .pdf, see OCS templates for guidance).
- Unofficial Transcript, available under "View Unofficial Transcript" link in the Grades tab of my.harvard.edu.
- Proof of Direct Deposit enrollment (screenshot pdf) - Submit a pdf of a screenshot of the section of my.harvard.edu that demonstrates that you are enrolled in direct deposit.