5:30-6:15pm: The Rappaport Institute’s Summer Public Policy Fellowship Program Information session
· Are you a graduate student interested in public policy?
· Do you want to gain experience in state or local government before you graduate?
· Are you curious about how state or local government “really” works?
Join an interdisciplinary community of professionals dedicated to improving civic life in the Boston region and earn $7,000 for the summer.
Fellows, who are drawn from Boston-area universities:
· Work with senior officials in state and local agencies on policy and management issues.
· Attend weekly seminars with leading practitioners and scholars.
· Write a short essay summarizing their work for our website.
Former fellows and Rappaport Institute staff will be available to discuss the Rappaport Institute Public Policy Program. The Rappaport Institute’s Summer Public Policy Fellowship Program is open to graduate students who will be continuing their studies in the 2019-2020 academic year. More athttps://www.hks.harvard.edu/centers/taubman/programs-research/rappaport/student-opportunities/public-policy-summer-fellowship.
6:15-7pm: City of Chicago 2019 Mayor’s Office Fellowship Program
Working at the Chicago Mayor’s Office gives graduate-level students a paid opportunity to collaborate with passionate and dedicated public servants who are committed to improving the lives of Chicagoans.
Fellows have the opportunity to engage with the Mayor’s senior staff to find innovative solutions to our most pressing policy challenges. If you are devoted to public service and enjoy finding solutions to complex challenges, then we invite you to apply to join the 2019 Mayor’s Office Fellowship Program in one of the greatest cities in America.
Mayoral Fellows earn $20 per hour working 35 hours per week, for the duration of the 11 week program. More athttps://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/mayor/supp_info/mayorsfellows.html.
U.S. Citizens, permanent residents, and international students with an F-1 visa are eligible to apply.