Crimson Careers is the official job and internship database for the Harvard FAS Office of Career Services that also helps OCS manage many other resources and services for students. Employers and organizations that post in Crimson Careers are actively choosing to target their opportunities specifically to Harvard FAS students. Student information in Crimson Careers remains private and protected by FERPA regulations unless a student actively submits materials to an employer or elects the “Promote Me” option in their profile settings.
At the same time, there are many other job and internship posting services and web-crawlers that might serve your specific field or geographic interests. Below are a small sample of frequently used options.
Sample Job and Internship Boards:
Note that the opportunities on these platforms are open to a wider applicant pool beyond Harvard, and that their privacy agreements often include the platform’s ability to share or sell your data. This list is meant to serve as a starting point, and as such is not exhaustive.
- USAjobs.gov – This is the centralized website for jobs in federal government. You will likely need to apply through this site for the vast majority of government positions.
- Idealist.org – This is a great site for opportunities at non-profit and mission-driven organizations. It includes internship and volunteer options.
- Parker Dewey – This site specifically offers connections to “micro-internships” – short-term, paid projects that help you gain real world experience.
- UCAN – Available through Crimson Careers, this internship consortium assembles internships from multiple partner schools across geographies.
- Harvardwood Jobs Board - Harvardwood is a Harvard Alumni Association Shared Interest Group (SIG) comprised of alumni working in the arts, media, theatre and entertainment sectors. There is a $60.00 fee to join as a full member.
- Handshake – This job and internship posting platforms focuses specifically on college hiring, so is largely entry-level opportunities.
- Indeed – This is currently the largest job board in the United States. It also has expansive job boards in select areas of the world:
- LinkedIn Jobs – This connection tool also features job and internship postings. Some employers have you apply directly through the “Easy Apply” feature, so keep your profile up to date.
- Built In – This network of sites focuses on tech and start-up opportunities in several specific geographic communities:
- Career Pathways Pages – OCS advisers often include curated, field-specific job and internship platforms under the “Useful Links” section of the relevant career pathway page.