LinkedIn is an online professional networking tool that boasts over 300 million members in more than 200 countries (representing 170+ industries). LinkedIn can be used to:
- Research jobs and industries.
- Exchange information or advice.
- Locate and contact professionals.
Additionally, LinkedIn lists job, internship, and volunteer opportunities. 79% of job opportunities are posted on at least one social network, and 77% of those are posted on LinkedIn.
- Download LinkedIn tip sheets and learn how to:
- Visit the LinkedIn student portal for additional tip sheets and guidance.
- Join the Harvard Alumni Network and additional Harvard groups.
Ask at the front desk for assistance with your LinkedIn profile during daily drop-ins, 1:00 – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday. Check OCS event calendars for upcoming workshops, including “OCS Insider Tips for LinkedIn.”
Need a professional-looking picture for your LinkedIn profile? Visit OCS during daily drop-ins, 1:00 – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday, and let the front desk know you're here for a LinkedIn Photobooth session; we'll take a headshot in our mini-studio and email it to you. Can't make it during the 1:00 – 4:00pm time-slot? Call the OCS front desk to make an appointment: 617.495.2595.