See Harvard College's 2022 Summer Funding Policy
For the latest information on Harvard College's Summer 2022 Summer Funding Policy, see oue.fas.harvard.edu/summer-2022-funding-policy
2022 Summer Funding Policy
Harvard College prioritizes the wide distribution of Summer funding to ensure that as many undergraduate students as possible can have a meaningful summer experience. For funded Summer 2022 experiences, students may only apply Harvard University funding to one Summer experience, regardless of duration of time (ex. only four weeks or a part-time effort). Co-funding between multiple sources of funding is permitted only if the funding jointly supports the same Summer experience.
Exceptions to the Summer Funding Policy are uncommon and will be reviewed on an individual basis; students should make exception requests to their Resident Dean, who will forward on to the Office of Undergraduate Education. All exceptions will be approved by the Office of Undergraduate Education.
Failure to adhere to the Harvard College Summer funding policy may result in a student being referred to the Administrative Board or Honor Council.
2022 Summer Funding & Travel Updates
The Office of Career Services (OCS) will follow Harvard's travel guidance when determining which experiences are eligible for funding. For summer 2022, we recommend seeking experiences where you can easily convert an in-person opportunity into a virtual one if the need arises.
As you make summer plans, please review Global Support Services' Coronavirus: Advice for Travelers page.
Explore Summer Opportunities
OCS is here to help you plan for an enriching summer experience. To get started thinking about your summer plans, come to a virtual drop-in (M-F, 1-4pm ET) or sign up for an appointment with an adviser. You can access virtual drop-ins and the appointment calendar using Crimson Careers.
Who is eligible for OCS Summer Funding?
Students who are:
- In good standing
- Enrolled full-time during Spring 2022
- Planning to enroll in Fall 2022
Important Notes on OCS Summer Funding
- Harvard College has stated that students on leave of absence intending to apply for funding in a period subsequent to their leave period (e.g., applying for summer programs and funding after a spring term leave) must reach out to their resident dean to petition the Administrative Board for approval to submit applications. These petitions must be approved prior to preparing an application for submission.
- Any student awarded OCS summer funding can only accept one Harvard source of summer funding
- Funding administered by OCS is intended to support student travel, lodging, and living expenses such as local transportation, food, and incidentals. Donor funds may not be used to pay others to provide services such as hiring third-party researchers or clinicians or to purchase goods or services for other individuals or organizations.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in a student being referred to the Administrative Board or Honor Council for an offense.